Cheese And Onion Soda BreadFrom lor 5 years ago
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) each baking soda and salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onions shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil shopping list
- A pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cheese, onions, sugar, baking soda, salt and cayenne.
- In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and oil. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir with fork until soft dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. With floured hands, press dough into ball then knead lightly 10 times. Place on greased baking sheet or pizza round and gently pat out dough into a 6 inch (15 cm) circle.
- Sprinkle flour over loaf. With sharp knife, score large X on top of loaf. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until golden and tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Yum Yum and am adding it to the group...great here and different..I love it.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Both of them saved and high 5ed my friend. Very nice.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it