Frat House Pickled EggsFrom shibattou 5 years ago
- 1 dozen eggs, hard boiled shopping list
- 1 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 white onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seed, crushed shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 5 jalapeno peppers, sliced shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, whole shopping list
- 3 habanero chile, sliced (optional) shopping list
- 1 1/3 Tablespoons crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 whole peppercorns shopping list
- 1 glass jar with lid, large enough to hold the eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the eggs.
- Remove the shells and set eggs aside.
- In a large pot, bring vinegar to a slow boil.
- Place all ingredients, except eggs and sliced jalapenos into the boiling vinegar.
- Cover pot and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Place eggs and sliced jalapenos into the glass jar, pour vinegar mixture over the top.
- Fill the jar with hot tap water, if necessary, until all the eggs are covered.
- Seal jar tightly.
- Set aside and shake every other day or so for two weeks. (No refrigeration required)
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to fish out egg and hit it with a dash of Tabasco and/or salt..