Sweet Orange Ricotta FrittersFrom roger 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange juice shopping list
- Confectioners sugar for dusting shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together your egg(s) and sugar.
- Whisk in juice, zest, flour, ricotta and salt until combined.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium to high heat until hot (but not smoking).
- Working in groups of 4, spoon 1 tbsp of batter per fritter into oil and fry. Turning it over once, until golden on both sides (takes about 2 minutes). Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool slightly.
- Dust fritters with confectioners sugar and serve asap.