Cranberry Turkey and Stuffing PieFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1oz butter shopping list
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 18 oz cooked turkey, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish shopping list
- 1 jar Ocean Spray Original cranberry sauce shopping list
- 18 oz carton crème fraiche shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 Tbsp water shopping list
- 14 oz packet ready rolled puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 6 balls cooked stuffing or 9oz leftover stuffing, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1lb leftover cooked vegetables (roasted parsnips, brussel sprouts, green beans, carrots or your favorite) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
- coarse salt and thyme leaves to scatter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 8-10 minutes until golden and softened.
- Stir in the cooked turkey, thyme, cranberry sauce, crème fraiche, Dijon mustard and cornflour mixture and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and turn a 60ozoval pie dish over onto the pastry.
- Cut around the rim and then cut another oval about 1/2 inch all the way around away from the rim.
- Turn the pie dish over and wet the rim of the dish.
- Lift the 1/2 inch oval strip and arrange over the rim of the dish (cutting to fit if necessary).
- Brush the strip with beaten egg.
- Spoon the pie filling into the dish alternatively with the stuffing balls and vegetables.
- Lift the oval of puff pastry over the pie dish and press the edges together to seal.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Cut and twist any leftover pastry if liked into strips and arrange over the top of the pie in a lattice pattern.
- Brush with beaten egg, scatter with Parmesan, salt and thyme leaves.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating3 people
Yey I am definitely saving an making this decadent recipe. To think this beauty started with left overs.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
I say pass on Thanksgiving and serve this..OMG-Thanks for this beauty-Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
What a great recipe! Thanks for sharing this one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!