Broccoli Cheddar SoupFrom carterl 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half cream shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 lb fresh broccoli shopping list
- 1 cup carrot, julienned shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3- minutes.
- Stir constantly and add the half & half.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions.
- Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender but I don't.
- Return to heat and add cheese.
- Stir in nutmeg.