Zita Alfredo With VegetablesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 8 ounces ziti pasta shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 14-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs shopping list
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until browned.
- In a large saucepan melt butter then add flour and stir.
- Slowly add half-and-half and milk then simmer stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add cheese and seasonings then stir until cheese melts.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and onion mixture then heat through.
- Pour over warm pasta then toss and serve.