Tuna CasseroleFrom lincolntoot 8 years ago
- 1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Notta pasta fettuccine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1-10 oz package sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2-6 oz cans solid white tuna, water packed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1-3 oz package cream cheese shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 2 cups crushed potato chips or 2 cups shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Oil a shallow casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until mushrooms are lightly caramelized and soft, stirring occasionally.
- While mushrooms are cooking, drain water from tuna into a small bowl.
- Whisk cornstarch into tuna water until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir cream cheese into skillet and cook until melted into mushrooms.
- Add milk and reserved tuna water.
- Stirring, bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Mix in peas and tuna, separating tuna into bite size flakes.
- Stirring frequently, boil pasta for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente.
- Don't over cook.
- Drain pasta, and briefly rinse.
- Toss with sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Top with potato chips or cheese and bake 10 minutes more, or until bubbly around edges.
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating5 people
Does sound good, saving to give it a try. You have my 5 - thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it
Sounds wonderful! High 5!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I agree!herby in Albany loved it