Sweet Cheese Balls Or RasgullaFrom cherryflower70 6 years ago
How to make it
- Heat milk in a deep bottomed pan and before it boils add lemon juice..
- Stir slowly and gently . Curd will form on the surface and separates from whey. It’s the homade made paneer or cheese.
- When whole milk forms curd the whey gets clearer.
- It is then strained in a very fine strainer or in a fine cloth.
- To get away from the lemon flavour it is washed under running water properly.
- Then it is tied very tightly in a clean cloth( muslin cloth I use) so that no water is retained in the paneer. Else it will break the balls when dropped in sugar syrup.
- These paneer can be blended well in a food processor to make a dough and then add the flour. Knead it well.
- Make small balls of equal size and cover it with a moist cloth for sometime.
- Sugar syrup
- Mix sugar and water and bring it to boil in a pressure cooker. Put already prepared balls in to it leaving sufficient spaces among the balls. Close the lid and wait till 2 whistles.
- When the lid opens add the cardamom powder and leave it for some time.
- It can be cooked in a pan too. Just in this case it will take more time.
- Transfer the balls in to a bowl along with some syrup.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Enjoy this lovely dessert!