Mason Jar CakeFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- 6 (1 pint) wide mouth canning jars shopping list
- 1 cake mix, your choice of flavors shopping list
- 1 package (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2/3 cup oil shopping list
- Candy coated chocolate pieces to drop in the top shopping list
How to make it
- Jars, seals and bands must be sterilized prior to use.
- Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Dry jars.
- Allow seals and bands to remain in hot water or re-heat before cakes are finished baking.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Blend all ingredients, except candy.
- Mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add a handful of candy.
- Grease jars with shortening.
- Pour one cup of cake batter into each jar.
- Drop a few candies on top of batter.
- Place jars on a cookie sheet, careful not to touch each other.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!.
- Carefully remove from oven and place on heat resistant surface.
- Place seals and screw bands on jars. Do not over tighten.
- Let cool.
- To decorate:
- Tie raffia or ribbon around edge of lid.
- Write recipe on index cards and give a cake and recipe to someone special!
- For prolonged storage, keep cakes in refrigerator.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating7 people
~ Hello ~
GREAT "5"FORK!!!!! recipe ~ (^_^)~
~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
So , mason jars are bar quality and can stand up to baking. Neat !
High Five to Kathytrigger in loved it
Let's try this again; I posted a comment yesterday when this came out and it must have gone to outer space. My niece makes cakes in mason jars all the time and raves about them. I just need to find some jars so I can try this recipe.m2googee in Tomball loved it