KARTOFFELKSSE - Potatoe DumplingsFrom rescue_ranger 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- Cubes of white bread in 72 equal pieces (about crouton size) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup (less 1 teaspoon) all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1 pound 14 ounces peeled and cooked boiled potatoes, riced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 4 quarts water shopping list
How to make it
- 1) In a small skillet heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add bread and sauté, stirring constantly, until bread has absorbed the margarine and is browned. Set aside.
- 2) Measure out and reserve 2 tablespoons flour. In a mixing bowl, combine remaining flour with potatoes, egg, and seasonings, mixing well; portion dough into 24 equal mounds.
- 3) Flour hands with reserved flour and shape mounds into balls; press 3 bread cubes into each ball and seal closed, forming dumplings.
- 4) In a 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven bring water to a boil; use a slotted spoon to gently lower several dumplings into the water (they will sink to the bottom), when dumplings rise to the surface, cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer. With the slotted spoon, remove dumplings to warmed serving platter.
- 5) Repeat procedure with remaining dumplings.