Yellow Buttermilk Cake with Quick Fudge FrostingFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 4 whole large eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 6 ounces of unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar shopping list
- 12 ounces of unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of half and half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Line with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- Place the eggs and the yolks in a medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla and 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Whisk to blend well.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixer bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add the remaining buttermilk and butter to the dry ingredients and with the mixer on low speed, blend together.
- Raise the mixer to medium speed and beat until light fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture in 3 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Mix only until thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans.
- Bake the cake layers for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake layers cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out the cakes onto a wire rack and peel off the paper liners.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to incorporate.
- Then, process until frosting is smooth.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating8 people
I love this! There's nothing like an old fashioned yellow buttermilk cake recipe! Nothing brings out the moistness in a cake like that buttermilk does.
Great post.. has my ^5 !
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
great tasty cake thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I agree with pinkpasta! Love that buttermilk, and it is the perfect ingredient for an old fashioned yellow cake. My mother also made one with chocolate icing. Something about that chocolate icing on a yellow cake!! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it