Apple Orange Romaine SaladFrom dugger 4 years ago
- DRESSING shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- SALAD MIX shopping list
- 1 pound spinach, stems removed shopping list
- 1 head romaine lettuce shopping list
- 2 each granny smith apples, Cored and diced shopping list
- 15 ounces mandarin orange, 1 can drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup cheese, optional ( I use goat cheese but make it your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Dry roast the cashews in a hot skillet for about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool. Buy cashew halves & pieces since you are going to chop them up anyway.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, celery salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the cashews into small pieces, not dust. Pull the leaves off of the head of romaine and tear into pieces along with the spinach leaves.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, romaine, apples, oranges and cashews.
- Serve with dressing and top with your favorite shredded cheese.