Black Bean And Rice With Chorizo And Cheese EmpanadasFrom rescue_ranger 5 years ago
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, casing removed shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 box of ZATARAIN'S black beans & rice shopping list
- 1 Package thawed pre-pared pie dough shopping list
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- salsa, if desired shopping list
- sour cream, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 374 F. Cook sausage and pepper in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally to break up sausage, until cooked through (6 to 8 minutes). Drain keeping 4 Tbls of fat. Remove from heat.
- 2. Prepare rice as directed using the 4 Tbls of fat from sausage when rice is cooked stir in cilantro. Set aside.
- 3. Un-roll pie dough and cut 3 inch circles into pastry. Place 1 1/12 tablespoon of filling and 2 teaspoon cheese on 1/2 of each circle. Lightly brush edges of square with water. Fold opposite side together to form ½ moon crimp with fork to seal. Place onto un-greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- 4. Brush each empanada with beaten egg. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!