Lemon Supreme PieFrom henrie 5 years ago
- lemon FILLING: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- cream cheese FILLING: shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- *If using an unbaked deep-dish pastry shell:
- 1 Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- If not...
- 2 In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in
- water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add
- remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and
- bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food
- coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice (do not overmix).
- Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Do not stir.
- 3 In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold
- in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into shell; top with lemon
- filling. Chill overnight.
- 4 Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a #21
- star tip; pipe stars onto pie. Store in the refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating7 people
i love lemon...........and i love key lime too got any more of those recipes hahahaha
minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Ohh Henrie.. I LOVE real REAL lemony and this
fills the bill..yummy..55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
I added more groups!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it