Mac N Cheese Goes Tex MexFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1 pound ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf Mexican pasteurized cheese shopping list
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained shopping list
- 16 ounces macaroni, cooked shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded Southwestern cheese blend shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Add flour, cumin and milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add Mexican cheese and chiles, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add macaroni.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese blend, and serve with salsa.