Vietnamese Chicken SaladFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 serrano chile with seeds, minced shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage (from 1/2 small head) shopping list
- 2 carrots, finely shredded shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint shopping list
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from 1/2 chicken) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, water, chile and garlic and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let the dressing stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering.
- Add the shallots and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the shallots on paper towels; reserve the oil for another use.
- Sprinkle the shallots with salt and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, red onion, cilantro, mint and shredded chicken.
- Add the olive oil and the dressing and toss.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and fried shallots and serve the chicken salad with lime wedges.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Salads Galore255 members
South East Asian14 members
Asian Foods237 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
Companys Coming115 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members
Chicken Little167 members