CREAM OF MUSHROOM WITH BRIE SOUPFrom kytigger 5 years ago
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons shallots shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sherry shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (more, or less, depending on how thick you want the soup) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water to mix with cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions, shallots and mushrooms in butter. Add sherry and chicken broth. Simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Before adding the cheese, remove the rind. Add the cream and cheese. Simmer the soup, whisking until the cheese melts and is smooth.
- Mix cornstarch with water and whisk into the soup to thicken. Bring to a soft rolling boil and remove from the heat. Add pepper, nutmeg and salt at this time.