Poke SaladFrom tnacndn 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring the leaves to a boil in a large pot, allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and refill the pot with fresh water.
- Bring the pot to a boil again and allow to cook for about 15 minutes. or until the leaves turn an olive green color.
- Drain the leaves and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze the water from the leaves like you would do with spinach, return leaves to pot.
- Pour the bacon drippings onto the leaves and add the onions.
- Cover and allow to cook until the onions are very tender, then serve.
- Keep the bacon for a later use in another dish of your choice.