Standing Rib RoastFrom jkstern 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F
- Place the oven rack on the second lowest position.
- Place the roast in a pan large enough to hold it comfortably, bone-side down.
- Spread the top thickly with the salt and pepper.
- Roast the meat for 45 minutes.
- Without removing the meat from the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and roast for another 30 minutes. Finally, increase the temperature to 450 degrees F and roast for another 15 to 30 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the meat is 125 degrees F. (Be sure the thermometer is exactly in the center of the roast.)
- The total cooking time will be between 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove the roast from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board. Cover it tightly with aluminum foil and allow the meat to rest for 20 minutes.