Cornish Hens in Cherry SauceFrom chefbaudri 6 years ago
- 2 thawed Cornish Game Hens shopping list
- 1 (6 oz. ) package cornbread stove top stuffing shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 T butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup red currant jelly shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t allspice shopping list
How to make it
- Place rack in crock pot.
- In medium bowl, combine stuffing mix with seasoning packet, water and 1/4 cup of the butter (melted).
- Stuff hens and place on rack in crock pot.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly, cherries, remaining 2 T butter, lemon juice, salt and allspice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until jelly is melted.
- Reserve 2/3 cup sauce.
- Brush remaining sauce on hens in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon remaining sauce over hens at serving time.
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating4 people
Easy and Elegant Indeed!merlin in San Francisco loved it
Always looking for something to do with these little birds!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!