Cornish Hens in Cherry SauceFrom chefbaudri 5 years ago
- 2 thawed Cornish Game Hens shopping list
- 1 (6 oz. ) package cornbread stove top stuffing shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 T butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup red currant jelly shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t allspice shopping list
How to make it
- Place rack in crock pot.
- In medium bowl, combine stuffing mix with seasoning packet, water and 1/4 cup of the butter (melted).
- Stuff hens and place on rack in crock pot.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly, cherries, remaining 2 T butter, lemon juice, salt and allspice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until jelly is melted.
- Reserve 2/3 cup sauce.
- Brush remaining sauce on hens in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon remaining sauce over hens at serving time.
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating4 people
Hey Chef what elegant cornish hens love this thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Always looking for something to do with these little birds!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!