Nancy Dooleys Cream Of Chicken Wild Rice SoupFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 4 ounces wild rice shopping list
- 2 - 3 pound whole chicken shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillion granules shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups Half and Half shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Cook wild rice for 30 minutes, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Simmer whole chicken in the water for 45 minutes.
- Strain stock and reserve.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Saute the onmion and celery in olive oil, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Put stock and rice into soup pot.
- Stir in the boullion granules, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, whisk in the flour and the Half and Half to make a white sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir into soup pot.
- Add chicken back to the pot.
- Add white wine.
- Heat soup through completely.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
love chicken and rice love the flavors and combo.thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wonderful..555555 and added to FFF group.
Please join us? :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Nice recipe - 5 fork to you!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it