Big Onion Cheese BallFrom moxie2burn 8 years ago
- 2, 8 ounce packages cream cheese shopping list
- 1, 8 ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- dash of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- crackers shopping list
How to make it
- Let the cream cheese sit at room temperature for 1 hour to soften before continuing with the recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and Cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Add onion soup mix, lemon juice, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 parts. Shape into 2 balls.
- Combine nuts and parsley in a small bowl.
- Place the nut mixture on wax paper. Roll the cheese balls in the nut mixture.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- One hour before serving time, put each ball on a serving plate and surround with an assortment of crackers.
- Makes 2 balls.
- One cheese ball can be frozen for later use if not needed now.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
The Rating4 people
im lovin' the cheese balls this year
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great recipe, thanks!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!