Amish Poor Mans Bread PieFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- 1 pie crust -- (8-inch), unbaked shopping list
- crumbled hard bread -- enough to fill pie shell shopping list
- 5 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 6 cups milk -- (5 to 7 cups, as needed) shopping list
- Optional: 1/2 cup .. raisins or chopped apples or walnuts/pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Roll out the crust and line an 8-inch pie pan. Place the crumbled hard bread in the pie shell until the bread comes evenly over the top of the crust. Add the sugar, flour, and cinnamon, sprinkling it evenly over the top of the bread. Fill the pie shell with milk to within 1/2-inch of the top edge. Bake until the pie is firm in the middle and you don't see any juice in the center. about 40 min. depending on oven.
- Serves 4 to 6
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating7 people
hey shirley how the heck are u....?????
poor man or poor woman or not this is good hahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thank you so so much for the group add, Pamela!!
Shirley.. I LOVE Amish food and this is no
exception..High 55555!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Love Amish food! This looks and sound great!juels in Clayton loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Family Favourites134 members
Anything Goes286 members
We Love It But134 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Checkin Central283 members