Orange Cashew Chicken And RiceFrom tillia 5 years ago
- My cooking method is by "eye and known taste". So I do not have strict amounts in this part. The estimated amounts are listed below in this ingredient section. Feel free to adjust. shopping list
- -Boneless chicken, any amt. shopping list
- -cashews, roasted, salted or not, any amt. Buy from bulk what you need. shopping list
- -Fresh chili pepper, hot or mild, your choice, diced fine, any amt. shopping list
- -orange juice, enough to make a sauce. shopping list
- -mandarin oranges. shopping list
- -craisins. shopping list
- -S&P, I use Crazy Janes salt. shopping list
- -rice. Use the GR Sites No More Boring rice Recipe. Or cook regular rice, any method, stove, mic, etc. and add ground ginger and butter to taste. shopping list
- FEEL FREE TO LEAVE OUT THE pepper OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU DON'T CARE FOR, AND SUBSTITUTE SOMETHING ELSE. IT'S ALL ABOUT YOUR TASTE. BUT, SWEET, SPICY, TANGY AND saltY ARE GOOD! shopping list
- I made this w/ about 1lb of chicken breasts, boneless. I used about 1/2 Cup of cashews, about 1/2 tsp of finely chopped hot pepper, 1 small can of mandarin oranges, about 1/2 C orange juice, about 1/4 C of craisins. For time and ease I used a "rice cup", nuked for 1 min, and added ground ginger and butter. I would have preferred the real thing, "No more Boring rice". shopping list
- You can easily figure what you need for the servings you will make and adjust the amounts to your taste. shopping list
How to make it
- -Place chicken in a hot pan, med heat. Put S&P on chicken.
- -Choose and cook rice recipe.
- -Add cashews, pepper.
- -Brown, turn meat and nuts after 10 min.
- -Add Juice. Cover.
- -Turn meat and nuts again after 15 min. Cover.
- - Remove Chicken and nuts from pan to another dish.
- -Add oranges and cranberries to the chicken dish.. Cover, keep warm.
- -Reduce liquid to about 1/2. Add more juice if needed. Reduce again if needed.
- -Add Sauce to chicken dish.
- -Serve over Rice.