Braised Beef Short RibsFrom jlv1023 9 years ago
- 4 lbs. meaty beef short ribs cut up shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 stalks celery chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 3-4 medium plum tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Season ribs with pepper and garlic
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
- Add ribs and cook until browned
- Remove ribs
- Add celery, carrot, onion, tomatoe and garlic, cook until tender
- Add wine, vinegar, broth, rosemary and bay leaf
- Add ribs and heat to boil, covered.
- Cook on low heat till ribs are tender. (If desired, place in 325 oven for 6 hours)
- For Sauce
- Mix flour and water.
- Add to pan juices
- Cook and stir
- Serve ribs with sauce
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!