Dandy Candy Oatmeal CookiesFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1- 12 ounce jar peanut butter ( creamy) shopping list
- 1- cup granualed sugar shopping list
- 1- cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 stick of buttered flavored Crisco or ( 1/2 cup of butter flavored vegeatble shortening ) plus additional for greasing.............. shopping list
- 3- eggs shopping list
- 3/4 - teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3/4- teaspoon maple syrup ( or maple blend syrup) shopping list
- 2- teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 4 1/2 - cups quick oats ( not instant or old fashioned ) uncooked and divided.............. shopping list
- 1- package ( 8 ounces or more of ) m& m's candies shopping list
How to make it
- heat oven to 350 degrees f. grease baking sheet with shortening
- place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies
- combine peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and 1/2 cup shortening in large bowl
- beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and fluffy
- add eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- beat at high speed for 3- 4 minutes
- add baking soda and 2 1/4 cups oats ; stir
- stir in candy ( m& m's)
- stir in remaining 2 1/4 cups oats..........
- shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- flatten slightly
- place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet
- bake at 350 degrees f. for .9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies
- and 11 to 12 minutes for crispy cookies
- cool 2 minutes then remove cookies to the foil to cool completely
- makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies .............
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating10 people
Most certainly another of those "let's-meet-mid-country" recipes which, of course, earns a five. Thanks, tink!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Most delicious for sure...like totally!jett2whit in Union City loved it
ok, the recipe is simply delightful!!frodo in meadville loved it