Moroccan Chicken with ApricotsFrom rescue_ranger 5 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups green onions, sliced shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup apricot, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/3 cup slivered almond, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and salt and pepper.
- 2 In a heavy skillet heat oil and sauté chicken in oil until brown and cooked through.
- 3 Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm while you make the sauce.
- 4 Add onions and garlic to the skillet and sauté.
- 5 Add flour, cinnamon, cumin, and ginger to skillet and mix well.
- 6 Whisk in chicken broth.
- 7 Stir in apricots, lemon juice and honey.
- 8 Boil sauce for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon; while the sauce is boiling occasionally stir to prevent burning it.
- 9 Coat the chicken with the sauce by either mixing the chicken back into the skillet or mixing both chicken and sauce into a serving dish.
- 10 Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Serve with a side of Cuscus or Jasmine rice
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
The Rating4 people
love the flavors an combo of this the jasmine rice to set it off soo delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love your description, Mike! I'm swooning...LOLgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
I loved those choreographed dances when I am eating! Kinda like a Dinner Show.
Love this recipe and thanks so much for the post.
joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!