Bread Pudding with Caramelized PearsFrom pieplate 5 years ago
- 1 whole egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- ¼ c cream shopping list
- 1 ½ c whole or 2% milk shopping list
- 1/3 c white sugar shopping list
- ½ t cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ t freshly grated nutmeg (oh all right, from the jar is OK too) shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 c cubed good white bread shopping list
- 1 pear, sliced thinly (about 1/8”) shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 3 T light brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the egg and egg yolk, add the white sugar and mix until smooth.
- Mix with the cream and milk.
- Add the spices and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour over the bread and let rest for at least 30 m.
- Set the butter in an ovenproof baking dish and let it melt while the oven preheats to 325°. When the butter is melted, distribute the brown sugar and place under top heat, at least 12” away, until the sugar bubbles.
- Lay the pear slices over this caramelized mixture so that the bottom and sides of the baking dish are lined.
- Pour the bread mixture into the baking dish and distribute so that the cubes are as submerged as possible. Bake at 325° for 20-30 m, or until a butter knife inserted 2” from the edge comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it set another 20 m. Serve warm or cooled, good either way.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating4 people
Soooo good..great post!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Sounds like a luscious and delicious delight. I love my bread puddings! High 5 - and a big thank you for sharing! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
We have a pear tree in our yard and I always look for new pear recipes! This one sounds delightful! Thanks for the share!juels in Clayton loved it