Crab Salad with Grapefruit Avocado and Fresh HerbsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 heads bibb lettuce torn into 2" pieces shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh cooked crabmeat chilled and picked over to remove any shell fragments shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped shopping list
- 1 large grapefruit peeled and segmented shopping list
- 1 avocado pitted peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a small nonreactive saucepan over medium heat lightly toast the mustard seeds stirring often until golden and fragrant about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the vinegar then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer vinegar mixture to a small bowl and whisk in the mustard and honey until blended then slowly whisk in the olive oil and then the canola oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl toss the lettuce with half of the vinaigrette and divide among 4 chilled salad plates or bowls.
- In a small bowl toss the crabmeat, parsley and chives with 3 tablespoons of the remaining vinaigrette until well blended then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide crabmeat among the salads and garnish each with grapefruit and avocado.
- Drizzle salads with any remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!