Spicy Cranberry Sauce with Pinot NoirFrom peacekeeper0 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 8 ounces) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 cups Pinot Noir or other dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- Large pinch of Chinese five-spice powder* shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cranberries and fresh ginger; stir until cranberries begin to burst, 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine and sugar; boil until mixture is reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Add crystallized ginger, curry powder and five-spice powder.
- Serve sauce cold or warm. Makes 2 1/2 cups.