Heavenly Bittersweet Chocolate Chunk WafflesFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 2 1/4- cups bleached all -purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4- cup bleached cake flour shopping list
- 3- tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/8- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2- cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 ,1/2 - cups heavy cream shopping list
- 6 - large eggs shopping list
- 1- tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 10 - tablespoons ( 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons ) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid.. shopping list
- 6- ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- powdered sugar for sprinkling on finished waffles…… shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the batter…..
- Sift the all- purpose flour , cake flour, baking powder, salt and granulated sugar into a large mixing bowl…..
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the melted butter and blend well
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the sifted mixture, scatter the chopped chocolate over, stir to form a batter, taking care to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as you are mixing
- The batter will be slightly lumpy ..ok…
- Make the waffles…..
- Preheat a deep dish waffle iron
- Spoon 1/3 to1/2 cup of batter onto each square of preheated iron
- Cook waffles for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until set
- Cooked through and golden
- Lift waffles onto a warming plate
- Wait a moment before serving the waffles to allow the chunks of chocolate to cool
- Serve the waffles with sprinkles of powdered sudar on them …….
- Makes 7 Belgian style waffles
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
wow wonderful ahve my choc. and my waffels yummy delicous buddy thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUMMMMMMMMM!!!! HIGH FIVE!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Bad, tink, bad! Waffles and chocolate? Bad, bad, bad! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! You got my five even before I read the recipe. I might be tempted to use them for an ice cream sandwich... Thanks, tink!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!