Philadelphia Cheese SteakFrom meals4abby 8 years ago
- 2 Tbls. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced as thin as possible, rings seperated shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 12 ounces chipped steak (thin sliced eye of round, rib eye, or sirloin tip roast.) shopping list
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- Cheese Whiz or provolone cheese slices shopping list
- 1 Italian, French or hoagie roll shopping list
- dill pickle spears shopping list
- **Freeze steak before slicing, and slice paper thin. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan over high heat, add olive oil and heat so that a drop of water wil sizzle when you drop it in the oil; lower heat to medium.
- Add onions and mushrooms, stir and cok until mushrooms darken and onions start to look transparant.
- Add steak slices and cook for 3 minutes or until meat lightly browns. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heap cooked meat mixtue in a long pile across pan. Lay cheese slices over meat until melted. If using cheese whiz, melt in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Slice bread lengthwise. Scoop meat mixture and cheese and lay on bread with cheese on top.
- Slice sandwich into 2 or 4 pieces and serve with a dill pickle.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookmeals4abby Valders, WI
The Rating7 people
Oooooooooo love these yummyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
So only gain another lb. Great 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
Love Philly Cheese steak sandwiches! There's something about that steak, pepper and cheese combo that is so delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!