Southern Style Roast BeefFrom dugger 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat a medium saute skillet with just enough oil to coat the bottom. Roll the roast in flour on a platter, place in skillet and brown on all sides.
- Place browned roast in a small roasting pan, add enough water to cover about 1/2 of the roast. Place in preheated 325 degree oven. Cook for about 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove the roast and set aside. Put the potatoes, carrots, onions and about 1/2 cup of water into the roasting pan. Put back in the oven at 350 degrees and cook until the carrots are tender. Remove from oven.
- Put the roast back into the roasting pan and add the mushrooms. Return to 350 degree oven and cook until all is hot. (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from oven, move roast to slicing platter and cut. Serve slices of roast with ajus from the pan.