Dry Chicken Is Not For DinnerFrom crazycooker 8 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts trimmed of fat shopping list
- 1 can of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1/4 c minced onion shopping list
- 1/4c minced carrot shopping list
- 1 package (roll) of herbed goat cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2-1c heavy cream (depending on how creamy you want it) shopping list
- 1/2c brandy shopping list
- flour to coat chicken shopping list
- salt & pepper for flour shopping list
- garlic powder for flour shopping list
How to make it
- Coat chicken in flour
- Brown chicken in oil until both sides have color
- Pour 3/4 of can of broth into pan w/ chicken
- add onions, carrots, and garlic
- Put stove to low heat cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes until chicken in cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking put cheese into bowl and thin out with some of the cream and rest of broth. Set aside.
- After chicken in cooked, remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn up heat and add cheese mixture and whisk until it is combined.
- Remove pan from stove and add brandy (use CAUTION it may ignite)
- Return to stove and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add chicken back to pan coat with sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- ***If sauce is too thin reduce to desired consistancy or add a little corn starch slurry to thicken***