Golden Fish SticksFrom otterpond 8 years ago
- Nonstick Veg. oil shopping list
- 1 tblsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 pound white fish fillets (cod or flounder...) shopping list
- 1 cup Yellow corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Large egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat baking dish with nonstick spray, then canola oil.
- Rinse fish and cut into 1/2 x 1/2 strips.
- Combine corn meal, parmesan cheese, Bay seasoning and garlic powder in small paper bag.
- Whisk egg whites, hot sauce and milk until well blended. Dip the fish strips into the egg mixture. Place into bag a few at a time. Hold bag closed and shake well.
- Place coated fish sticks on prepared baking dish. Bake until golden brown - about 15 min.
- Cook's Notes
- This is an excellent recipe to cook in a toaster oven if you are going to prepare this small amount. Its quick and saves energy.
- Freeze extra fish sticks and microwave for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes to thaw. Try the Mock Tartar Sauce for a lo-cal addition
- Nutritional Information
- Calories: 376
- Fat (g): 13.0
- Carbohydrates: 45.0
- Protein (g): 5.0
- Fiber (g): 6.0
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
The Rating4 people
Good recipe. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
Nice one, otter and thanks! I need to try this soon. Five!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Mmmm tasty! We love fish and I will print this to try soon.jett2whit in Union City loved it