Jamaican SteakFrom c_gomezmail 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. beef flank steak shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 piece (1 1/2 x 1 inches) fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lime peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- Shredded orange peel shopping list
- Shredded lime peel shopping list
How to make it
- Score both sides of beef by cutting 1/4 inch deep diagonal lines about 1 inch apart in surface of steak to form diamond-shaped designs.
- Combine brown sugar, juices, garlic, ginger, grated peels, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves in 2-quart glass dish.
- Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate steak at least 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill beef over medium-hot heat about 6 minutes per side until medium-rare or to desired doneness.
- Garnish with shredded orange and lime peels.