Almond CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup almond paste (not marzipan) shopping list
- 10 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and position the rack to the center of the oven. Line the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with a round of parchment paper, or butter the pan and dust it lightly with flour, tapping out any excess.
- 2. With an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and almond paste until the paste is finely broken up (the sugar crystals helps break the paste into pieces-so don't add the butter yet!)
- 3. Now add the butter and beat for a few minutes until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, or a measuring cup with a spout, stir together the eggs with a fork then dribble it into the batter as you beat. Add the vanilla.
- 4. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk. Stir the dry ingredients into the batter until just incorporated.
- 5. Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The baking time may take a but longer due to the variation in different brands of almond paste.
- Cool the cake on a rack before serving. This cake is extremely moist and will keep well for up to a week if well-wrapped.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Hey! I'm saving this one ~ it looks great and simple, too! High five for you! Blessings, debdebntim in Outer Banks loved it
This sounds like a Swedish cake that I had. It was baked in a tart pan. I had never made it because I did not have the pan. Now I can try this and I will bet it is the same thing. Thanks for the recipe. -Lorilasaf in St. Paul loved it
thanks so much, sounds delicious!!!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!