Molasses Butternut Squash CustardFrom boofie 6 years ago
- Custard: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 1 cup butternut squash puree* shopping list
- 1 tbsp unsulphered molasses shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- Soft butter for greasing shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1/2 c hazelnut pieces, lightly toasted** shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/3-1/2 stick melted butter shopping list
- *Cook butternut squash until tender and puree until smooth. Strain if desired and allow to cool to room temperature. shopping list
- **Toss nuts in a skillet over medium heat, shaking often to prevent burning. Allow to toast until lightly golden and aromatic. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease the bottoms of four ramekins with softened butter.
- In your food processor, pulse hazelnut pieces, flour, and brown sugar to combine, avoiding turning nuts into dust. Add melted butter and combine until just moist. You should have a nice crumbly mixture.
- Divide hazelnut mixture into four even portions and press into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust browns. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine eggs, cream, butternut squash puree, molasses, cinnamon, and nutmeg well. Fill ramekins half way.
- Bake ramekins in a water bath 20 minutes or until nearly set. Allow to cool to finish setting before serving.
The Cookboofie Salt Lake City, UT
The Rating3 people
Thanks for your great recipe! I should try it!sagami in London loved it
love butternut squash high5 recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love your hazel nut pie crust for this wonderful Molasses Butternut Squash Custard. I am lucky I have a lot of squash left from my organic garden to be used in this decadent desert.
Five stars for my friend Boofie
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!