Sweet Seafood - Noodle CurryFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup fat free, low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) mango chunks shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 small white onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 plum tomato, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb sea scallops shopping list
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender or food processor, puree chicken broth, evaporated milk, mango and jalapeno pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat water in a large, deep saucepan.
- Add onion, cooking until translucent.
- Add garlic and tomato and cook 2-3 minutes further.
- Stir in tomato paste, basil, thyme, mustard powder, and curry powder. Cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add pureed milk / broth / mango mixture and bring to a simmer. DO NOT LET BOIL!
- Cook, uncovered, on LOW for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate frypan over high heat, heat olive oil.
- Sear scallops, without stirring, 1 minute on each side.
- Add scallops to simmering curry sauce, followed by the cooked pasta. Simmer 1 minute, stirring, then serve.