Pastry Crust For Pies Or TartsFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
How to make it
- Pulse flour and salt in bowl of food processor OR mix on counter top, bowl or board.
- Add butter
- Pulse in processor OR use pastry cutter until "crumbs" form.
- Add ice water, a little at a time, until dough pulls away from the bowl of processor OR proper consistency is reached.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Divide dough in half.
- Knead dough lightly on lightly floured board.
- Try not to add too much more flour to the dough or it will be tough.
- Roll with pin to desired diameter for pie/tart pan.
- Lay crust into desired pan, gently.
- Prick crust all over with a fork.
- To "blind" bake: Line crust with foil, pour beans evenly into foil and then bake.
- To bake filled crust, follow individual recipe instructions.
- **Makes double crust
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Yehaaa... help for the lonely bachelor... ty darlin.... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
I like this food processor pie crust recipe sounds real easy that way thank you.
five gold stars
Michaeltrigger in loved it
You make that easy as pie! I must admit the crust has always intimidated me. Being able to get over that will open up lots and lots of new recipe opportunities. Thanks and I am adding this to the Cooking Hints group.otterpond in Orlando loved it