Caramel Candy Pretzel Rods-Two WaysFrom christinem 5 years ago
- 1 14-oz. package individually wrapped caramels shopping list
- 1 tbsp. water shopping list
- About 20 long pretzel rods (ie: Rold Gold) shopping list
- about 1 cup mini-candy coated chocolate pieces (ie: M&M's) shopping list
- About 3/4 cup crushed toffee bits shopping list
- About 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Unwrap caramels and place in a large microwave safe bowl with the water; microwave on high 1 minute or until smooth. Heat in additional 15 second increments if necessary. Let cool until bowl is just barely warm to the touch (will help caramel set quicker on the pretzels)
- Line a tray or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each pretzel in the caramel and/or spread with a butter knife so that all but 1" to 1 1/2" of the pretzel is covered. Let set for a minute, then dip or roll in either M&M's OR toffee bits/mini chocolcate chips, pressing into caramel with your hand. Place on parchment paper line sheet.
- When done, place sheet in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips in separate bowls in the microwave (takes about a minute).
- Drizzle each pretzel with white chocolate, then dark chocolate and place on tray.
- Return to refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to set completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or cellephane bags and secured with a ribbon.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- stellajean Nowhere, Us
- jacksarecooks Dunnellon, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- laurieg Wilmington, MA
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- amgriggs Baton Rouge, LA
- pen Seattle, WA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating3 people
If the stores weren't so crowded with everyone shopping for last minute thanksgiving I would run right out and buy some Pretzels..These sound so good.laurieg in Wilmington loved it
these are very good had them at a party delish !!!!and a great post...... thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it