Butternut Squash And Apple BisqueFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 2Tbs butter shopping list
- 1/3c leek,white part only shopping list
- 3c chopped braeburn(or other tart) apple shopping list
- 3c peeled and diced butternut squash shopping list
- 1c peeled and chopped russet potato shopping list
- 1/3c dry sherry shopping list
- 3c low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth shopping list
- 1c fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs honey shopping list
- 1/2tsp kosher salt1/2tsp fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- 11/2Tbs curry powder shopping list
- coarse grond black pepper shopping list
- 11/4c half and half shopping list
- 3/4c crumbled blue cheese or shreaded cheddar cheese shopping list
- shreaded fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add leeks;saute 5 mins. Add apples;cook until they just begin to soften,about 5 mins.
- Add butternut squash,potatoes,sherry and broth. Bring to a boil,cover,reduce heat and simmer until potatoes and squash are tender,about 30 mins.
- Add orange juice,honey,salt,nutmeg,curry and pepper. Cool slightly Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree(in batches,if necessary). Return soup to saucepan and add half and half. Heat thoroughly over low heat. Do noit boil. Place soup in serving bowls;top each with 1 Tbs. cheese and basil
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Love it, love it, love it. I will have to trade out the butternut(allergy)for another winter squash but I'm looking forward to this one, clare! Thanks... 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it