Buttermilk Chess PieFrom tconstantine 7 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 T flour shopping list
- 1 stick oleo softened shopping list
- 3 large eggs or 4 small ones, beaten shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (with 1/4 tsp soda) shopping list
- partially baked pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar and flour. Cream oleo; add sugar mixture with the remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour in the partially baked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 350* for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
- This makes a large pie.
The Cooktconstantine Hoover, AL
The Rating2 people
I have heard my husband talk about his "mama's" buttermilk pie for just about the entire 15 years we've been married, T! I need to surprise him with this one day really soon. Thanks and five...
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it