Hearty Fish And Vegetable SoupFrom rottman 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced shopping list
- 1 rib celery, diced shopping list
- 2 Tb butter shopping list
- 1 lb orange roughy, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 each chicken bouillion cube shopping list
- 1 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc) shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tb dried parsley flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tb butter, add onions, carrots, and celery. Stir until the onions are clear. Add the fish, potatoes, bay leaf, salt, pepper, thyme, bouillion cube, and wine. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. The fish should be flaky.
- Add the milk and allow to heat through. Discard the bay leaf, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating5 people
This sounds delicious! I love fish soup, ate it yesterday actually, portuguese style! :)
Big 5 from me!
What kind of fish is orange? I never heard of it...gourmetana in London loved it
Great recipe, Rottman!! FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
This is my kind of soup.When I checked out the picture it looked so good I just had to flag it as beautiful. Thanks for sharing this great 5 forks recipebrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!