Cabbage Stuffed in the Troo StyleFrom freyae 10 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 310F
- Shred and Blanch the Cabbage in Non-Salted water until virtually tender.
- Skin the Sausages and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Grease an ovenproof dish, approximately 9" dia.
- Drain the cabbage and refresh under cold water (this also makes it easier to manage).
- Starting with cabbage, layer up the cabbage and flattened sausages, making sure to season each layer well, and then dotting with butter. The butter will help make a flavoursome broth.
- Ensure that you finish with a layer of cabbage, dot with more butter.
- OPTION: You can add a couple of layers of sliced potatoes if you wish.
- Cover with tin foil or greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes then cut into rough wedges and serve with mashed potato.