Rosy Rice Risotto With Beets And KaleFrom grumblebee 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 2 medium/large beets, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice or medium grain white rice shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth) shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale (or baby spinach for a milder taste) shopping list
- freshly shaved parmesan cheese, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add beets and onion. Cover and cook until onion is soft. (about 5-8 mins).
- Mix in rice. Add broth and vinegar. Increase heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered until rice and beets are just tender and risotto is creamy, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the chopped kale and cook only until greens have wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, spoon into shallow bowls. Sprinkle with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookgrumblebee Victoria, Canada
The Rating5 people
WOW THATS A GORGEOUS COLOR I LOVE RISOTTO'S THANK YOU SO MUCH
FIVE PLUS .............
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
wow wonderful flavor and great picture thanks Grumblebee delicousmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmmmmmm... I'm with tink. I LOVE rice of any kind but especially risotto. It does look to be a beautiful color. Thanks and five, grumble!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it