Ultimate Mashed PotatoesFrom grandmacooks 7 years ago
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Swanson chicken broth shopping list
- 5 large potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper (recipe says "generous dash") shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 slices bacon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crisp then crumble and save.
- Use a 3 quart or larger pan.
- Put broth and potato pieces in the pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then cover and cook the potatoes in the broth for about 10 minutes. Potatoes should be tender.
- Keep the broth when you drain the potatoes.
- Add the cream, butter, pepper and 1/4 cup of the reserved broth to the potatoes and mash. Depending upon the consistency you like your mashed potatoes, add additional reserved broth if needed.
- Stir in sour cream, some of the bacon and the chives into the hot mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the bacon over top as a garnish.
- Serve hot.