Lemon cream sandwich cookiesFrom sola 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter,softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp.salt shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp.lemon zest shopping list
- 2 1/4 flour shopping list
- 4 tbls.butter,softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar,sifted shopping list
- 1 tbls.fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Make dough:In large bowl,beat butter,suagr and salt with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy and blended.
- Beat in egg yolk,vanilla,lemon zest.reduce speed to low,beat in flour until just combined.Divide dough into thirds,wrap in plastic.Chill at least one hour or up to 2 days.
- 2)Heat oven to 350.Grease 2 cookie sheets.On lightly floured surface (have more flour on hand to sprinkle as needed) ,roll one disk of dough into 1/8 of inch.Cut with cookie cutter.Place 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheets.Bake until evenly golden brown on edges,6-8 appx.
- Repeat with remaining dough.Cool on wire racks.
- 3)Make filling-Beat all ingredients with mixer.Spread 1/2 tsp. on cookie,place another cookie on top.