Cheddar cheese bread pudding with apple butter and beer caramel sauceFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 loaf of egg, brioche or other rich soft bread shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- Apple butter: shopping list
- 6 granny smith apples shopping list
- 1 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnmaon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- beer caramel sauce: shopping list
- 4 cups dark beer, any brand shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- Garnish: cinnamon stick, a sliced apple and a dollop of whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your apple butter and caramel beer sauce ahead of time.
- Cut up bread into 1/2 inch slices and let dry out at room temp about 2 hours.
- Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish
- Whisk the cream, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla
- Layer haf of bread in pan, cut to fit if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Layer other half of bread
- Slowly pour cream mixture over bread and let stand until absobed
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden
- To serve: layer spoonfuls of bread pudding with apple butter and top with caramel beer sauce.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream if desired and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a thin slice of apple
- For apple butter:
- Cook peeled and cored apples and combine with remainder of ingredients in a baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 375 until tender.
- Transfer to food proceeor and puree set aside to cool
- Beer sauce:
- Boil beer in non reactive pan until reduced to 2 cups.
- In a large clean skillet heat sugar over medium heat and cook without stirring until melted, swirling pan until deeply golden
- Remove slillet from heat and carefully add beer.
- Careful it will splatter!
- Return to heat and cook until caramel has dissolved.
- Transfer to bowl to cool.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
awsome dessert high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Well, yes I AM liking your recipes, midge. I can't imagine why! This one sounds fabulous! Five and thanks, Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Great, Midge!! A definite FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Party Food316 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Companys Coming115 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members