Special Cranberry Sasuage StuffingFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 12 cups of cubed white or egg bread ( I leave crust on ) shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarse chopped ( use food processor ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar ( this could be less but I like this ratio so far ) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth - enough to moisten shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sage shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 pound sauage cooked and drained of fat and crumbled OR vegan sauasge like soychorizo shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste ( sauasge may be spicey and salty enough ) shopping list
How to make it
- Simply mix all together for a stuffing consistency.
- Either stuff your turkey or place in a casserole and bake uncoverd
- ( for a crispy top ) or covered ( for softer top ) 350 about 30 minutes or well heated.
- This also freezes very well and looks so pretty and colorful on your plate!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Cranberry lover that I am, this will definitely be a side with our Christmas turkey. Thanks, midge and five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
another wonderful Cranberrie recipe and delightfully different thanks buddymomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
what a great idea! I always WANT fresh cranberries, but our family has shrunk so much that our family cranberry mold w/ homemade mayo is just TOO much. this is going to be a wonderful way for me to fulfill my cranberry craving. I think I may add s...moreshai in Gainesville loved it
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Pass Down Recipes312 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites138 members
Companys Coming114 members